Valet parking is available, free of charge, at the main hospital entrance and at the entrance of Medical Office Building 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
You may park in any of the four areas surrounding the hospital. Please do not park in places with signs designated for physicians, clergy, physically impaired, or other reserved parking spaces. A van driven by our security personnel travels the lots on a regular basis and can take you to any of the buildings on the Springhill Medical Center campus.
Visitor Restrictions (Updated June 17, 2021)
For more information on the latest visitor policies, please click on the button below.
Hours of Visitation
- Visitors will be allowed to enter from the hours of 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. during the week and on weekends. (effective Monday June 21, 2021)
- ICU and 3500 hours will be in 30 minute increments. Only one visitor at a time for critical care areas.
- ICU visiting hours are
- 9 - 9:30 a.m.
- 11 - 11:30 a.m.
- 4:30 - 5 p.m.
- ICU visiting hours are
Family members' Educational Information
- How can family and friends stay in touch with their loved one?
- We recommend that you connect with your loved one and their healthcare team utilizing technology. Hospital phones are available in patient rooms. Your loved one may also use their personal phones, computers, and tablets to stay connected with you through audio, video chatting, and texting. Tablets are provided on the units to assist with communication. In the event your loved one cannot communicate, there will be time slots for you to call the staff for updates. Time slots to call the units to get updates are 1 - 3 p.m.; this will provide an opportunity for physicians to make rounds so you will have the latest update. Another opportunity will be from 8 - 10 p.m. You may call the hospital main number at 251.344.9630 and ask for the unit that your loved one is on. When there are changes in your loved one's status, the staff will call you.
- May I still send flowers, food or other items to my loved one?
- To limit the number of people in our building, we ask that people not send flowers, food or other items that must be delivered. If you need to get an item to your loved one, you can make arrangements with the unit, and they will meet you at the main entrance.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. We are confident that together we will continue to deliver the highest quality of care.
For more information please visit: COVID-19 Updates
Springhill Medical Center is a smoke-free campus. The hospital does not allow tobacco use by employees, patients or visitors anywhere on hospital property, including parking lots. Springhill Medical Center offers Smoking Cessation classes through the Cardiac Rehab/Pulmonary Therapy program. For details, call 251.461.2438.
The Springhill Medical Center campus offers free Wi-Fi internet access for any visitor wireless devices. The Wi-Fi network name is SMC_AH_Guest. (No username or password required. Any connections must agree to our usage policy to gain access.)
Our gift shop is located on the first floor in the main hospital lobby. All proceeds go to the SMH Auxiliary's community service activities including a scholarship fund and art supplies for school children. The Gift Shop features a variety of merchandise including baby gifts, flowers, snacks, toiletries, and cards.
Gift Shop Hours:
Weekdays: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 - 5 p.m.
The Courtyard Cafeteria is located on the first floor of the main hospital.
Grill & Deli Hours
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Hot Line Hours
Breakfast 6:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Lunch 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Vending machines are located outside the cafeteria, in building two on the first floor, and on the second floor behind the Nursery.
The Information Desk, staffed by hospital Volunteers, is located in the main lobby, directly through the hospital entrance. Our hospital Volunteers can assist you in locating the appropriate department.
An interfaith Chapel is provided for prayer and meditation for any visitors. It is located on the first floor and is open at all times.
Springhill Medical Center
3719 Dauphin Street
Mobile, AL 36608
See Hospital Maps of the Springhill Medical Center campus and interior floors of the hospital.